- 4-5 zucchini
- 1 large container of fat free cottage cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I love prego roasted garlic and herb)
- 1lb lean ground been (90/10)
- Parmesan or mozzarella shredded cheese if desired for top
- Wash and cut zucchini in thin long slices so they look like lasagna noodles.
- Brown ground beef in pan with salt and pepper to taste and add jar of marinara sauce to beef.
- In a medium oiled baking dish (the size under 9x13) place a thin layer of meat sauce, then add the thinly sliced zucchini in a flat layer across bottom then add a layer of the cottage cheese and lastly meat sauce again. Keep repeating this pattern until you end with zucchini and then meat sauce on top. If you like you can sprinkle to top with either parmesan or mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until top is bubbly, cheese is melted, and slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
If you have any questions about this recipe please comment below! This is a great option for low fat, low carbs, and lots of yumminess!